Corona Effects on Transferring

Discuss all things related to transfer admissions, including chances, choice of school, etc.
TransferHopeful

Corona Effects on Transferring

Post by TransferHopeful » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:30 am

Any speculation as to how this will affect the transferring process? A few schools have moved to a Pass/Fail system, any idea what effect that will have? Will Fall grades just become more important or maybe a bigger focus on the LORs?

haus

Re: Corona Effects on Transferring

Post by haus » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:35 am

A lot of things are up in the air, if there is anyone who could give a decent answer to this I would suspect that it would be the folks over in the Spivey thread.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=125

Good luck

socalgalinnorcal

Post by socalgalinnorcal » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:39 pm

I'm also looking to transfer-- specifically only to Pepperdine Law. Grading is TBD, but most likely C/NC (and hopefully so, since most students have been dealing with difficult things recently).
My school is not that far off from Pepperdine in ranking. Apart from better opportunities, faculty, and environment, relocating back to SoCal would be ideal for personal reasons. If anyone has any insight on Pepperdine, I would love to know!

haus

Post by haus » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:46 pm

@socalgalinnorcal

I suspect that this is going to be an interesting year for transfers, because everyone everywhere got knocked off their intended stride.

Much as my previous advice, I recommend asking on the Spivey thread because he and his team have actually worked in law school admissions. He has developed an impressive team and they have provided a lot of very useful advise here on the forum.