Di I still have a chance at a 1L Diversity Position

Post Reply
HLS1L

Di I still have a chance at a 1L Diversity Position

Post by HLS1L » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:43 pm

Applying to diversity stuff and getting pretty discouraged since I've had 5 callbacks, three of them being dings and two being radio silence. Should I just accept the first gov/in house position I get an offer for? I recently applied to a bunch of more competitive firm stuff (think CSM, STB, DPW) and updated old applications in the hopes of landing something (FWIW my grades came back pretty good).

jadklsfjdkslfdsfa

Re: Di I still have a chance at a 1L Diversity Position

Post by jadklsfjdkslfdsfa » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:20 pm

which ones? kind of in a similar boat, radio silence from most (silence from ropes, cleary dc, skadden), one ding (simpson), one offer, not sure what the fuck is up and what this means for 2L OCI

HLS1L

Re: Di I still have a chance at a 1L Diversity Position

Post by HLS1L » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:08 pm

jadklsfjdkslfdsfa wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:20 pm
which ones? kind of in a similar boat, radio silence from most (silence from ropes, cleary dc, skadden), one ding (simpson), one offer, not sure what the fuck is up and what this means for 2L OCI
I haven’t heard from or been dinged ar any of those. Nt really worried about 2L OCI since my grades are good, but this job hunt has been frustrating. At least you got an offer

jadklsfjdkslfdsfa

Re: Di I still have a chance at a 1L Diversity Position

Post by jadklsfjdkslfdsfa » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:35 am

HLS1L wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:08 pm
jadklsfjdkslfdsfa wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:20 pm
which ones? kind of in a similar boat, radio silence from most (silence from ropes, cleary dc, skadden), one ding (simpson), one offer, not sure what the fuck is up and what this means for 2L OCI
I haven’t heard from or been dinged ar any of those. Nt really worried about 2L OCI since my grades are good, but this job hunt has been frustrating. At least you got an offer
i meant that as in should i take this as a sign that i dont interview well and be worried about 2L OCI? or is this just because 1L SA is competitive AF ? aka is this a me problem or a 1LSA problem?

User avatar
UVA2B
Moderator
Posts: 3169
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:26 pm

Re: Di I still have a chance at a 1L Diversity Position

Post by UVA2B » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:01 am

It's a 1L SA problem. You're in a large pool of qualified candidates for very limited spots. You got an offer, which is more than a lot of your peers will be able to say. Congratulations on that!

LorneMalvo
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:10 am

Re: Di I still have a chance at a 1L Diversity Position

Post by LorneMalvo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:31 pm

jadklsfjdkslfdsfa wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:35 am
HLS1L wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:08 pm
jadklsfjdkslfdsfa wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:20 pm
which ones? kind of in a similar boat, radio silence from most (silence from ropes, cleary dc, skadden), one ding (simpson), one offer, not sure what the fuck is up and what this means for 2L OCI
I haven’t heard from or been dinged ar any of those. Nt really worried about 2L OCI since my grades are good, but this job hunt has been frustrating. At least you got an offer
i meant that as in should i take this as a sign that i dont interview well and be worried about 2L OCI? or is this just because 1L SA is competitive AF ? aka is this a me problem or a 1LSA problem?
You got an offer as a law student with only one semester of school experience in an application process where firms with 150 SA classes may only take one or two 1Ls. That's a sign you're probably a good interviewer.

User avatar
HelloYesThisIsDog
Posts: 1554
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:42 pm

Re: Di I still have a chance at a 1L Diversity Position

Post by HelloYesThisIsDog » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:12 pm

1Ls, please recalibrate your expectations. 1L SA's are extremely hard to get. Even getting a callback is pretty significant. You're both doing fine.

Xhs

Re: Di I still have a chance at a 1L Diversity Position

Post by Xhs » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:03 pm

Eh, going 0-4 on callback to offer was discouraging

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests