DING BAR

proteinshake

DING BAR

Post by proteinshake » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:45 pm

anonymously roast firms you get dinged by here. have fun!

snarfing

Re: DING BAR

Post by snarfing » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:40 am

u mean roast firms that ghosted you after seeming enthised for seemingly no reason.

do people even get rejections anymore? the firm just stops talking to me

proteinshake

Post by proteinshake » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:36 pm

at OCI firms will give ding emails

notlegaladvice

Post by notlegaladvice » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:02 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:36 pm
at OCI firms will give ding emails
...but it might take a while. There are some firms that are horrendously slow at post-screener dings. (Reed Smith comes to mind.)

snarfing

Post by snarfing » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:53 pm

oh boy i got my first one from fitzpatrick cella, i didnt know who you were before oci and i still dont really know.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:11 pm

White & Case: why would you spend the whole screener on substantive legal questions? you’re a below median firm, why set us up for failure?

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:11 pm
White & Case: why would you spend the whole screener on substantive legal questions? you’re a below median firm, why set us up for failure?
good lawddddd that is so fucking stupid

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:32 pm

Got dinged by Sidley LA

Post by guest » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:07 pm

Paul Hasting chicago is suspiciously white even for big law, lacking any blacks or Hispanics. Guess I didnt fit the culture guys? But hey Paul Hasting is a top firm for diversity according to vault so it has to just be the fit.

Post by guest » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:42 pm

jones day: why did you boast avout how awesome and compeltely opaque your pay scale was for 5 minutes when asked about the most unique part of your firm. theres no way it helps client relations like you said. maybe dont talk about the subject of your discrimination lawsuit in interviews. it makes things awkward

TheFatherOfJesus

Post by TheFatherOfJesus » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:11 am

snarfing wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:40 am
u mean roast firms that ghosted you after seeming enthised for seemingly no reason.

I've had this same problem. Had 19 OCI interviews. 1 CB, 1 ding, 17 of just pure silence (given a few were today, so I'll cut them some slack). These firms are being pretty damn lazy. It's especially bizarre to me when I'm getting a lot of really positive feedback while interviewing like "that was a great response" or "you've got a great personality." I must just not understand interviewing very well :lol:

voyager

Post by voyager » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:47 pm

TheFatherOfJesus wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:11 am
snarfing wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:40 am

I've had this same problem. Had 19 OCI interviews. 1 CB, 1 ding, 17 of just pure silence (given a few were today, so I'll cut them some slack). These firms are being pretty damn lazy. It's especially bizarre to me when I'm getting a lot of really positive feedback while interviewing like "that was a great response" or "you've got a great personality." I must just not understand interviewing very well :lol:
If this is the case then I really wouldn't worry if I were you (especially if you had some of them today)! Some markets just tend to take more time initially to pool more applicants before making CBs. Or, on the flip side, you may be receiving a lot of mail mail in the near future? :? Either way, it's great to hear that your interviewers seem to like your responses. Even if you don't come away with the results you wanted, you should be proud of that!

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:43 pm

Cadwalader apparently has a new strategy to filter applicants by asking them where their firm ranks in students' bid lists

ymmv
pregnant with a better version of myself

Post by ymmv » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:44 pm

lol they’re not going to like the answers.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:04 am

Dear Baker Botts:

VE/LW/KE all called me back. Why haven't you? You want to know you're a sinking ship? This is why.

ghosted

Post by ghosted » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:08 pm

i am being ghosted by 9 whole firms.