questions for anyone who got 1L SA after the 2018 NALP changes

BungalowBoi

questions for anyone who got 1L SA after the 2018 NALP changes

Post by BungalowBoi » Tue May 19, 2020 10:12 am

I'm a 0L going into CCN this fall. I was reading Arrow's article but his section about getting a summer job with a firm is outdated since the 2018 changes to the NALP guidelines.

Can anyone who got a 1L SA position for this summer describe their experiences and thought process in getting their 1L SA job? Did you start hunting from day 1 of law school? I'm unclear about how I should be timing my job search during 1L now that we can contact employers before Dec 1. What did your timeline look like?

Thanks so much in advance!!

2L_SA_Gunner

Re: questions for anyone who got 1L SA after the 2018 NALP changes

Post by 2L_SA_Gunner » Fri May 22, 2020 11:21 am

BungalowBoi wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:12 am
I'm a 0L going into CCN this fall. I was reading Arrow's article but his section about getting a summer job with a firm is outdated since the 2018 changes to the NALP guidelines.

Can anyone who got a 1L SA position for this summer describe their experiences and thought process in getting their 1L SA job? Did you start hunting from day 1 of law school? I'm unclear about how I should be timing my job search during 1L now that we can contact employers before Dec 1. What did your timeline look like?

Thanks so much in advance!!

Yeah, it was a really simple process. Prior to grades coming out, no one spoke to me at all. After getting a 4.0, I got a SA job in a week at a v10 firm after sending an application that night. I understand the process was fairly similar for people with 3.7+ GPAs after first semester that were not diversity hires.