Aggregated Content for 1Ls from around the forums

Please post in this forum if you have any questions about law school or legal employment but have not yet entered law school.
Hstrat

Aggregated Content for 1Ls from around the forums

Post by Hstrat » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:45 pm

I'm compiling useful original content from LSL, Reddit, and the graveyard that is TLS that might be helpful to us as we start law school. This is especially geared towards 1Ls, but there's some stuff that other students may find useful as well.

If anyone has anything else they think should be included, please comment so that I can get it added.

First, a good reminder: You are worth more than what you do at school

Other Aggregation Pages
LSL and TLS both have their own site-specific pages that aggregate useful content:
Reading Lists 1L Tools Notes, Outlines, and Subject Matter Guides
  • /r/LawSchooloutlines (This subreddit is private, so you'll need to make a Reddit account and message the mods with your law school email address to gain access
1L Summer OCI/2L Summer Miscellaneous

Hstrat

Re: Aggregated Content for 1Ls from around the forums

Post by Hstrat » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:45 pm

This is a lightly curated version of the post I made in r/lawschool, currently stickied at the top of that sub. Please let me know if I've posted this in the wrong spot, I'd be happy to move it.
Last edited by Hstrat on Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Platopus

Post by Platopus » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:10 pm

Thank you so much! This is excellent.

Any chance we can get this stickied?
UVA2B wrote:

UVA2B

Post by UVA2B » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:20 pm

Platopus wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:10 pm
Thank you so much! This is excellent.

Any chance we can get this stickied?
UVA2B wrote:
Agreed, and done.

I may move it to another subforum at some point, but I have to think about that more.

chandhi

Post by chandhi » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:13 pm

not sure if we also have a reading list somewhere but i want to add How to Be Sort of Happy in Law School as a book recommendation.
Combining her own observations and experiences with the results of her study and the latest sociological research on law schools, Young offers a very different take from previous books about law school survival. Instead of assuming her readers should all aspire to law-review-and-big-firm notions of success, Young teaches students how to approach law school on their own terms: how to tune out the drumbeat of oppressive expectations and conventional wisdom to create a new breed of law school experience altogether. Young provides readers with practical tools for finding focus, happiness, and a sense of purpose while facing the seemingly endless onslaught of problems law school presents daily.