How do I find this cite?

stego

How do I find this cite?

Post by stego » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:20 pm

Not sure which forum this belongs in.

Saw a cite in a SCOTUS case to an old Department of Treasury regulation, 26 CFR Section 410.5 (1938). The citation isn’t hyperlinked and I can’t find it in Lexis or westlaw. Googling it takes me to the case that cited it but not, seemingly, to the full text of the regulation itself.

I can’t figure out how to find it. Can anyone help?

Gray

Re: How do I find this cite?

Post by Gray » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:13 pm

stego wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:20 pm

Saw a cite in a SCOTUS case to an old Department of Treasury regulation, 26 CFR Section 410.5 (1938). The citation isn’t hyperlinked and I can’t find it in Lexis or westlaw. Googling it takes me to the case that cited it but not, seemingly, to the full text of the regulation itself.

I think I found it here

stego

Re: How do I find this cite?

Post by stego » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:51 pm

Gray wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:13 pm
stego wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:20 pm

I think I found it here
Thanks, that was it. I just found it strange that Lexis doesn’t have historical versions of the federal regulations. And I’ve gotten tripped up before trying to find the text of repealed statutes. But I guess they can’t have everything.