Productive Intervention Mindset (did you fail the CA bar?)

KernKraft

Productive Intervention Mindset (did you fail the CA bar?)

Post by KernKraft » Fri May 25, 2018 11:13 am

Interesting read. I definitely agree with a lot of what the author wrote.
L.Michelle wrote:No, seriously. You can no longer sign up for the [Productive Mindset Intervention Program] that, according to the Executive Director of the State Bar of California on May 18th, had just been “recently launched” for the July 2018 exam. I found this out by calling the Los Angeles Office of Admissions and asking for information on how to enroll in the program. I was told that the deadline for enrollment was May 14th, 2018. Some might find that an odd date to choose, as it is four days before the Bar Exam results were released. Meaning that anyone who had failed the February administration and would be registering for the July exam had missed the enrollment deadline for a program designed to improve their performance in July.

I pressed him further, asking if it was a program designed only for first-time test takers or 3Ls. I was told that it was for “anyone who enrolled by May 14th.” I asked, “But, how could anyone who had taken the February exam enroll by May 14th?” The answer is, of course, that they couldn’t — but because he was unwilling to say that, the representative simply breathed in silence on the other line as the tension grew. Much angrier now, I demanded to have the names of the persons in charge of running the “Productive Mindset Intervention Program,” and for their contact information. If you’re reading this and you’re wearing a hat, I would advise holding onto it before proceeding on and reading the response I received. The words that stumbled out of the man on the other line’s mouth were “no one has been appointed for that yet.”
Read and share, please.

KernKraft

Re: Productive Intervention Mindset (did you fail the CA bar?)

Post by KernKraft » Thu May 31, 2018 1:59 pm

Update: apparently, they sent this email to some bar retakers to allow them to participate in the revolutionary program:
Thank you for recently registering for the California Bar Exam. After hearing from many of you, the State Bar is making available a pilot program designed to help you prepare to sit for the July 2018 bar exam.

In this program, recent test-takers describe their experiences and strategies preparing for the California Bar Exam. Their stories may help you anticipate what further preparing for and then taking the Bar is like. While this program was originally designed primarily for first-time test-takers, we are making the program available to those who are repeating the exam, in case the information is useful to this group as well. As part of the program, you will be asked to share your thoughts and expectations about preparing for the exam, so we can share your experiences with future test-takers. These stories will help those future test-takers as they approach the Bar Exam.

The stories will become available in mid-June as you prepare for the exam, and after the State Bar’s registration process closes. To receive them, please sign up now. (Please allow up to 10 minutes to complete the interest form.)

To sign up for this opportunity, click here: California bar exam strategies and stories

Sincerely,

Leah Wilson
Executive Director
State Bar of California