DC Bar Exam Application

mec215

DC Bar Exam Application

Post by mec215 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:22 am

Is anyone else have trouble accessing the DC bar exam online application (the one on DC's website, not NCBE)? I created an account, but when I click "Apply Now" it bounces me back to the main Committee on Admissions webpage.

They extended the regular application deadline to May 15 due to "technical glitches," but I'm not sure if this is one of the glitches affecting everyone or if this is just a me-problem.

mec215

Re: DC Bar Exam Application

Post by mec215 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:20 am

Update: Randomly started working today. Looks like their website is just glitchy. :roll:

Hand

Post by Hand » Wed May 02, 2018 8:09 am

Has anyone succeeded in actually registering? I've been trying for two days now, but it won't let me pay. I've gotten different error messages at different times.

mec215

Post by mec215 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:43 am

Hand wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 8:09 am
Has anyone succeeded in actually registering? I've been trying for two days now, but it won't let me pay. I've gotten different error messages at different times.
I'm still wrapping up my C&F, so I haven't gotten that far yet. But I plan to submit this weekend. I'll let you know if it works for me. I hope these website glitches are not an omen of other bar administration issues to come...

Hand

Post by Hand » Thu May 03, 2018 9:48 am

mec215 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:43 am
Hand wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 8:09 am
I'm still wrapping up my C&F, so I haven't gotten that far yet. But I plan to submit this weekend. I'll let you know if it works for me. I hope these website glitches are not an omen of other bar administration issues to come...
I actually managed to register yesterday, even though they finally put a message on the site that they were having technical difficulties. Good luck!

LunaBar

Post by LunaBar » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:26 pm

A month ago I filled out the online application, did all the steps, including payment, and it says "Congratulations! Your application has been reviewed and accepted. You are now approved to sit for the upcoming UBE Exam."

I also go an e-mail after I submitted saying: "Your application for the July 2018 District of Columbia bar exam has been accepted for processing. Admission tickets and further information regarding the exam will be emailed to you approximately two weeks before the examination. If you wish to apply for accommodations and have not already done so please submit all paperwork immediately. Requests must be made before the application deadline."

I never received any other e-mails. Is this the same for everyone? My only e-mail is about acceptance for processing, never received something saying "you're all good, just wait till you get your ticket in July" ....

Hand

Post by Hand » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:41 pm

LunaBar wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:26 pm
A month ago I filled out the online application, did all the steps, including payment, and it says "Congratulations! Your application has been reviewed and accepted. You are now approved to sit for the upcoming UBE Exam."

I also go an e-mail after I submitted saying: "Your application for the July 2018 District of Columbia bar exam has been accepted for processing. Admission tickets and further information regarding the exam will be emailed to you approximately two weeks before the examination. If you wish to apply for accommodations and have not already done so please submit all paperwork immediately. Requests must be made before the application deadline."

I never received any other e-mails. Is this the same for everyone? My only e-mail is about acceptance for processing, never received something saying "you're all good, just wait till you get your ticket in July" ....
same

relatedly, I tried uploading my final school certification last week, but it seems that nothing happens when you do this?

LunaBar

Post by LunaBar » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Hand wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:41 pm
LunaBar wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:26 pm

same

relatedly, I tried uploading my final school certification last week, but it seems that nothing happens when you do this?
Great, this makes me less worried that I'm going to get an e-mail saying: "you missed a step, can't sit for the exam!"

I havent even thought about the certification since we still have a month...

ymmv

Post by ymmv » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:53 pm

This is good practice for your character and fitness application, which the DC Bar may or may not finish processing by the end of your first decade or so as a law clerk.

LunaBar

Post by LunaBar » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:34 am

DC Bar people: I downloaded exam4, paid the $195, successfully submitted the practice test. Am I supposed to receive any other information or confirmation that I'm set to use exam4 for the test?

Hand

Post by Hand » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:05 pm

LunaBar wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:34 am
DC Bar people: I downloaded exam4, paid the $195, successfully submitted the practice test. Am I supposed to receive any other information or confirmation that I'm set to use exam4 for the test?
I didn't hear anything beyond that

Hand

Post by Hand » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:05 pm

Hand wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:05 pm
LunaBar wrote:
the whole process left me wondering whether I really needed to pay the $195 or could instead just download it and see what ahppens

Hand

Post by Hand » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:06 pm

Hand wrote:
Hand wrote:
LunaBar wrote:
the whole process left me wondering whether I really needed to pay the $195 or could instead just download it and see what ahppens
also left me wondering why we let ourselves be robbed like this

LunaBar

Post by LunaBar » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:16 pm

Hand wrote:
Hand wrote:
LunaBar wrote:
especially because Paypal sent the confirmation and Exam4 was silent.... I hate the world

wwwcol

Post by wwwcol » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:53 pm

For C&F, Has anyone made it to or past the certification review? If so, what was the timeline like?

NCBE said they sent the bar my file weeks ago, but the dc bar website still says they’re awaiting the NCBE file. :roll:

notlegaladvice

Post by notlegaladvice » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:38 am

It takes them forever to update the website/do anything. I wouldn't read anything into it.

wwwcol

Post by wwwcol » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:42 pm

notlegaladvice wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:38 am
It takes them forever to update the website/do anything. I wouldn't read anything into it.
Two and a half months after the NCBE finished up, still nothing. :roll: My employer requires admission before I start so if they don't finish by October I won't be able to start. (applied for admission by motion, not exam, so a little different circumstance than some of y'all) :twisted: This whole thing is nuts.