WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT..please!!

citygal

WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT..please!!

Post by citygal » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:06 am

A little bit of context- I attend an evening program as I work full time and have kids. This semester was a bit tough bc I also had some medical problems with an immediate family member that took a toll on me emotionally not to mention my Con law professor was the absolute worst. First time teaching it and all over the place and never prepared..many other students felt the same way so at least I know it wasn't just me not feeling him.

Took the final today...it was multiple choice and 6 essays...the essays worth 20 points each...totally misappropriated my time and didn't get to last 2..oh and we were allowed to bring in a 25 pg outline probably for the same reason that he knew he didn't effectively teach the course...

After the final, the majority lamented how difficult it was especially since he really didn't teach the material.. I am of course already fearing the worst.....
I need stories of people who 1) also ran out of time but still did o.k or had less than stellar grades but did ok... What is the lowest grade anyone has ever received??and

If anyone knows, is it true that to get an F one must have really screwed up the whole thing and pretty much missed more days than allowed and usually Profs need to go through administrative paperwork to explain why they gave an F?

Thanks everyone!

ymmv

Re: WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT..please!!

Post by ymmv » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:54 am

It probably depends on your school, but at many law schools F’s are basically unheard of. I wouldn’t stress about it. It’ll only wear you out before your other exams, and anyway it’s over — nothing more to be done about that one anyway! Odds are good you did better than you think you did. But even if not, you almost certainly didn’t fail having studied and made a good faith effort.

We’ve all had those bad profs who failed to teach the material. It sucks but what can you do? At least your classmates were all in the same boat.

Nony

Post by Nony » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:36 am

Yeah, remember you’re graded on a curve and everyone else thought it was impossible too. You don’t have to have got everything right, you just have to have got as much/more right than at least some of your classmates.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:25 am

ymmv wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:54 am
It probably depends on your school, but at many law schools F’s are basically unheard of.
Yeah, that portion isn't dependent on other students. Your school publishes its grading policies; you can read them to see what the exact nature of the policy on Fs is.