Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Did ASW Help You Make Your Decision?

Yes (I'm def going)
5
50%
Yes (I'm more inclined, but no final decision yet)
3
30%
Yes (I am less inclined to go now)
1
10%
No, I am still hopelessly uncertain
1
10%
 
Total votes: 10

User avatar
Slippin’ Jimmy
Posts: 383
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:12 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by Slippin’ Jimmy » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:03 pm

Reminder to get in here and rep Duke! viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1390

waveblue1212
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:17 pm

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by waveblue1212 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:12 pm

is it typical to get a variation of an "auto-response" email day-of when sending out renegotiation emails to finaid? if so, how long after this email does it typically take to get their final competing offer?

User avatar
ntp
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:47 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by ntp » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:35 pm

waveblue1212 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:12 pm
is it typical to get a variation of an "auto-response" email day-of when sending out renegotiation emails to finaid? if so, how long after this email does it typically take to get their final competing offer?
yes, I got the auto response after I sent mine. It's been two weeks and I haven't heard from them since the auto response.

User avatar
proteinshake
Posts: 409
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:38 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by proteinshake » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:41 pm

Class of 2017 employment numbers are out :!:

Duke:

81.3% (183/225) (+3.7% from 2016)

BL: 64.4% (145)
FC: 16.9% (38)

https://law.duke.edu/sites/default/file ... of2017.pdf

waveblue1212
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:17 pm

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by waveblue1212 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:56 pm

ntp wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:35 pm
waveblue1212 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:12 pm
is it typical to get a variation of an "auto-response" email day-of when sending out renegotiation emails to finaid? if so, how long after this email does it typically take to get their final competing offer?
yes, I got the auto response after I sent mine. It's been two weeks and I haven't heard from them since the auto response.
yikes, thanks. also do we think they will always match Michigan offers?

User avatar
ntp
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:47 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by ntp » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:58 pm

waveblue1212 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:56 pm
yikes, thanks. also do we think they will always match Michigan offers?
I don't know, but I sent them a Michigan offer so I'll let you know when they respond to me!

User avatar
BlondeAmbiti0n
Posts: 1037
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:42 pm

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by BlondeAmbiti0n » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:28 pm

waveblue1212 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:56 pm
yikes, thanks. also do we think they will always match Michigan offers?
haven't sent in a negotiation email, but fwiw i had my Michigan offer much earlier than Duke's and mentioned it in my scholarship interview and they gave me the same amount. since it was an initial offer though there's not really any way of knowing if they would have given me that anyway...

User avatar
ntp
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:47 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by ntp » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:36 pm

BlondeAmbiti0n wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:28 pm

haven't sent in a negotiation email, but fwiw i had my Michigan offer much earlier than Duke's and mentioned it in my scholarship interview and they gave me the same amount. since it was an initial offer though there's not really any way of knowing if they would have given me that anyway...
Ugh I had mine too and I was a fool and didn't mention it in my interview and Duke offered me 30k less. :( hoping negotiation works.

User avatar
proteinshake
Posts: 409
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:38 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by proteinshake » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:57 pm

waveblue1212 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:56 pm
ntp wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:35 pm
waveblue1212 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:12 pm
is it typical to get a variation of an "auto-response" email day-of when sending out renegotiation emails to finaid? if so, how long after this email does it typically take to get their final competing offer?
yes, I got the auto response after I sent mine. It's been two weeks and I haven't heard from them since the auto response.
yikes, thanks. also do we think they will always match Michigan offers?
If the difference is big enough, they will increase, but probably not match given CoL difference. for example, a 135K offer from Mich might get you 120K from Duke.

waveblue1212
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:17 pm

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by waveblue1212 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:29 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:57 pm
waveblue1212 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:56 pm
ntp wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:35 pm
waveblue1212 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:12 pm
is it typical to get a variation of an "auto-response" email day-of when sending out renegotiation emails to finaid? if so, how long after this email does it typically take to get their final competing offer?
yes, I got the auto response after I sent mine. It's been two weeks and I haven't heard from them since the auto response.
yikes, thanks. also do we think they will always match Michigan offers?
If the difference is big enough, they will increase, but probably not match given CoL difference. for example, a 135K offer from Mich might get you 120K from Duke.
that doesn't make any sense, duke's tuition is higher and although real estate is cheaper the COA is higher overall than michigan

User avatar
proteinshake
Posts: 409
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:38 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by proteinshake » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:59 pm

waveblue1212 wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:29 pm
proteinshake wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:57 pm
waveblue1212 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:56 pm
ntp wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:35 pm
waveblue1212 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:12 pm
is it typical to get a variation of an "auto-response" email day-of when sending out renegotiation emails to finaid? if so, how long after this email does it typically take to get their final competing offer?
yes, I got the auto response after I sent mine. It's been two weeks and I haven't heard from them since the auto response.
yikes, thanks. also do we think they will always match Michigan offers?
If the difference is big enough, they will increase, but probably not match given CoL difference. for example, a 135K offer from Mich might get you 120K from Duke.
that doesn't make any sense, duke's tuition is higher and although real estate is cheaper the COA is higher overall than michigan
not sure if the COA estimates by the school are the best to go off, but regardless, that's typically how I've seen Duke respond to offers by Mich and NU.

WilliamFaulkner
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by WilliamFaulkner » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:41 am

8 days before deposit day. Has anyone heard back wrt negotiations?

User avatar
ntp
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:47 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by ntp » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:46 am

WilliamFaulkner wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:41 am
8 days before deposit day. Has anyone heard back wrt negotiations?
Noooope... I called yesterday because I have a deadline this weekend and was told I should ask for a deposit extension from the other school. Nothing I can do but wait and hope for the best. : )

waveblue1212
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:17 pm

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by waveblue1212 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:14 am

ntp wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:46 am
WilliamFaulkner wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:41 am
8 days before deposit day. Has anyone heard back wrt negotiations?
Noooope... I called yesterday because I have a deadline this weekend and was told I should ask for a deposit extension from the other school. Nothing I can do but wait and hope for the best. : )
wow I can't believe it's taking this long.. you don't think there's a chance they won't get back to us before the 20th is there?

User avatar
ntp
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:47 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by ntp » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:16 am

waveblue1212 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:14 am
wow I can't believe it's taking this long.. you don't think there's a chance they won't get back to us before the 20th is there?
I honestly have no idea. I would expect that they'll be able to get back to most of us before the 20th. If they don't get back to some people, I'm guessing they'd be willing to extend the deposit deadline if you asked nicely.

User avatar
Busch
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:59 pm

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by Busch » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:11 pm

.
Last edited by Busch on Tue May 15, 2018 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ntp
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:47 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by ntp » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:34 pm

Update: just got a scholly bump so I'm depositing. : )

User avatar
principalagent
Posts: 2062
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:18 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by principalagent » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:08 pm

ntp wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:34 pm
Update: just got a scholly bump so I'm depositing. : )
YEEEEEEESSSSSSSS

User avatar
proteinshake
Posts: 409
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:38 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by proteinshake » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:34 pm

Busch wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:11 pm
When are people planning on moving to Durham? I saw last year "LEAD week" started on 8/15, have they posted this year's dates yet / safe to assume same timing?
LEAD will start August 14th (I have a paper from Career Services)

User avatar
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash
Posts: 728
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:48 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:35 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:34 pm
Busch wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:11 pm
When are people planning on moving to Durham? I saw last year "LEAD week" started on 8/15, have they posted this year's dates yet / safe to assume same timing?
LEAD will start August 14th (I have a paper from Career Services)
LEAKER! Expel them!

User avatar
proteinshake
Posts: 409
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:38 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by proteinshake » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:44 am

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:35 pm
proteinshake wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:34 pm
Busch wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:11 pm
When are people planning on moving to Durham? I saw last year "LEAD week" started on 8/15, have they posted this year's dates yet / safe to assume same timing?
LEAD will start August 14th (I have a paper from Career Services)
LEAKER! Expel them!
also yall need better googling skillz: https://law.duke.edu/sites/default/file ... 8-2019.pdf

waveblue1212
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:17 pm

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by waveblue1212 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:02 am

ntp wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:34 pm
Update: just got a scholly bump so I'm depositing. : )
nice! did they match?

User avatar
ntp
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:47 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by ntp » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:33 am

waveblue1212 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:02 am
ntp wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:34 pm
Update: just got a scholly bump so I'm depositing. : )
nice! did they match?
No, there was a 30k difference in my Duke and Mich scholarships and they gave me 15.

User avatar
Slippin’ Jimmy
Posts: 383
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:12 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by Slippin’ Jimmy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:36 pm

Busch wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:11 pm
When are people planning on moving to Durham? I saw last year "LEAD week" started on 8/15, have they posted this year's dates yet / safe to assume same timing?
End of July, should find out the exact move in date within a couple weeks.

User avatar
Slippin’ Jimmy
Posts: 383
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:12 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by Slippin’ Jimmy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:58 pm

Travel stipend just came in today!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest