Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Did ASW Help You Make Your Decision?

Yes (I'm def going)
5
50%
Yes (I'm more inclined, but no final decision yet)
3
30%
Yes (I am less inclined to go now)
1
10%
No, I am still hopelessly uncertain
1
10%
 
Total votes: 10

User avatar
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:48 am

Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:57 pm

OP Under Construction
Last edited by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash on Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:48 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:04 pm

Will be leaving town Friday morning so no ASW for me :( However, I would definitely do a meet-up Thursday evening if anyone's around and wants to

User avatar
ntp
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:47 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by ntp » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:10 pm

CHECKING IN! I am so excited to meet all of y’all.

I’ll be in on Thursday and I’m down for a Thursday evening meet up!

chelsea4970
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:27 pm

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by chelsea4970 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:27 pm

I'd be down for a Thursday meet up, too!

User avatar
Slippin’ Jimmy
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:12 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by Slippin’ Jimmy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:06 pm

My flight gets in around 1130, might be a little late for me with an early start Friday, but down to meet at the Friday bar review and maybe go somewhere afterwards. Was just in Durham last week and its a beautiful city with some great food/bar options!

User avatar
Slippin’ Jimmy
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:12 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by Slippin’ Jimmy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:40 pm

Crim or Corp for the mock class?

User avatar
ntp
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:47 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by ntp » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:54 pm

Slippin’ Jimmy wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:40 pm
Crim or Corp for the mock class?
Corp!

User avatar
sev
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:43 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by sev » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:32 pm



found this while searching for info on the comedy show...

User avatar
proteinshake
Posts: 388
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:38 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by proteinshake » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:18 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:04 pm
Will be leaving town Friday morning so no ASW for me :( However, I would definitely do a meet-up Thursday evening if anyone's around and wants to
just got an email from DBA saying Thursday night Bar Review will be part of ASD.

User avatar
BlondeAmbiti0n
Posts: 1037
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:42 pm

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by BlondeAmbiti0n » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:46 pm

Checking the hell in! Won't be at ASW this weekend though :( Have work/school stuff that I couldn't get out of

User avatar
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:48 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:31 pm

Thursday asw back at The Bar Formerly Known as Alvila's

User avatar
bojack93
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:40 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by bojack93 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:51 pm

Coming from the Mid-Atlantic, I'm getting worried about my Thursday afternoon flight to Durham...

User avatar
Slippin’ Jimmy
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:12 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by Slippin’ Jimmy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:28 pm

My already late flight has been delayed...guess it’s airport bar review for me

User avatar
ntp
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:47 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by ntp » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:24 am

It was so nice meeting a couple of you this weekend. Can’t wait to be classmates! 💙

industwetrust
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:08 pm

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by industwetrust » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:46 pm

Just got admitted over the weekend! Can anyone provide any insight as to how essential CSS is for aid? My parents are fairly well off, and I'm a few years out of school but not far enough to not have their info. I've heard CSS is a lot to deal with, especially for parents, and this close to deposit deadlines I'd prefer to get the application turned around ASAP. That being said, if CSS actually does open up new pots of $$$, then I'll definitely do it. Any help here?

User avatar
Slippin’ Jimmy
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:12 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by Slippin’ Jimmy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:02 am

industwetrust wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:46 pm
Just got admitted over the weekend! Can anyone provide any insight as to how essential CSS is for aid? My parents are fairly well off, and I'm a few years out of school but not far enough to not have their info. I've heard CSS is a lot to deal with, especially for parents, and this close to deposit deadlines I'd prefer to get the application turned around ASAP. That being said, if CSS actually does open up new pots of $$$, then I'll definitely do it. Any help here?
Its a pain in the ass, but unfortunately I don't know how much of my aid was merit based vs. need based, my award letter just said my scholarship was awarded on a combination of merit and need. I'd go ahead and try to submit it, can be done in a couple hours if you sit down with your parents or get them on the phone. You could potentially be leaving money on the table.

User avatar
proteinshake
Posts: 388
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:38 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by proteinshake » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:14 am

industwetrust wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:46 pm
Just got admitted over the weekend! Can anyone provide any insight as to how essential CSS is for aid? My parents are fairly well off, and I'm a few years out of school but not far enough to not have their info. I've heard CSS is a lot to deal with, especially for parents, and this close to deposit deadlines I'd prefer to get the application turned around ASAP. That being said, if CSS actually does open up new pots of $$$, then I'll definitely do it. Any help here?
CSS almost certainly won't make a difference but if you can do it then I guess it might be worth it for the off chance it changes anything.

industwetrust
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:08 pm

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by industwetrust » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:19 am

proteinshake wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:14 am

CSS almost certainly won't make a difference but if you can do it then I guess it might be worth it for the off chance it changes anything.
Slippin’ Jimmy wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:02 am


Its a pain in the ass, but unfortunately I don't know how much of my aid was merit based vs. need based, my award letter just said my scholarship was awarded on a combination of merit and need. I'd go ahead and try to submit it, can be done in a couple hours if you sit down with your parents or get them on the phone. You could potentially be leaving money on the table.
Thanks both :)

User avatar
ntp
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:47 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by ntp » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:26 pm

Did anyone who emailed Duke for a travel reimbursement after ASW get a confirmation that they received your email?

User avatar
Slippin’ Jimmy
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:12 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by Slippin’ Jimmy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:40 pm

ntp wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:26 pm
Did anyone who emailed Duke for a travel reimbursement after ASW get a confirmation that they received your email?
Nope.

Debating how to word my scholarship negotiation email, don’t have much leverage.

waveblue1212
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:17 pm

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by waveblue1212 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:48 pm

Slippin’ Jimmy wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:40 pm
ntp wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:26 pm
Did anyone who emailed Duke for a travel reimbursement after ASW get a confirmation that they received your email?
Nope.

Debating how to word my scholarship negotiation email, don’t have much leverage.
same. who are you going to send the email to? are you going to attach other offers?

User avatar
Slippin’ Jimmy
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:12 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by Slippin’ Jimmy » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:55 pm

waveblue1212 wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:48 pm
Slippin’ Jimmy wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:40 pm
ntp wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:26 pm
Did anyone who emailed Duke for a travel reimbursement after ASW get a confirmation that they received your email?
Nope.

Debating how to word my scholarship negotiation email, don’t have much leverage.
same. who are you going to send the email to? are you going to attach other offers?
I sent it to the fin aid email address, and I did attach an offer (T20 full+).

User avatar
Slippin’ Jimmy
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:12 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by Slippin’ Jimmy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:12 pm

Scholarship reconsideration was denied today, but not surprised at all since I didn't have any $$ from peer schools.

bas1
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:33 pm

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by bas1 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:29 pm

Slippin’ Jimmy wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:12 pm
Scholarship reconsideration was denied today, but not surprised at all since I didn't have any $$ from peer schools.
When today? And when did you send the request?

User avatar
Slippin’ Jimmy
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:12 am

Re: Duke C/O 2021 [Admitted Students]

Post by Slippin’ Jimmy » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:09 pm

bas1 wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:29 pm
Slippin’ Jimmy wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:12 pm
Scholarship reconsideration was denied today, but not surprised at all since I didn't have any $$ from peer schools.
When today? And when did you send the request?
Got the response at 5:30. Sent the request 3/30.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests