Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

finals

help
7
39%
please
11
61%
 
Total votes: 18

User avatar
Rowdy
Posts: 2859
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:14 am

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by Rowdy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:41 pm

So psyched for free time for posting before law school starts up again

User avatar
Stranger
Posts: 2099
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:19 am

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by Stranger » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:15 pm

Rowdy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:41 pm
So psyched for free time for posting before law school starts up again
I've definitely been getting my shitposting game back. It was nice to cross 2000.

User avatar
Rowdy
Posts: 2859
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:14 am

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by Rowdy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:18 pm

Stranger wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:15 pm
Rowdy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:41 pm
So psyched for free time for posting before law school starts up again
I've definitely been getting my shitposting game back. It was nice to cross 2000.
You've been carrying the chancing torch

User avatar
Stranger
Posts: 2099
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:19 am

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by Stranger » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:55 pm

Rowdy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:18 pm
Stranger wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:15 pm
Rowdy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:41 pm
So psyched for free time for posting before law school starts up again
I've definitely been getting my shitposting game back. It was nice to cross 2000.
You've been carrying the chancing torch
I'm hoping we get some good Choosing threads this year, too. There's a lot more to say in one of those than a Chancing thread.

User avatar
Rowdy
Posts: 2859
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:14 am

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by Rowdy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:05 pm

Stranger wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:55 pm
Rowdy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:18 pm
Stranger wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:15 pm
Rowdy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:41 pm
So psyched for free time for posting before law school starts up again
I've definitely been getting my shitposting game back. It was nice to cross 2000.
You've been carrying the chancing torch
I'm hoping we get some good Choosing threads this year, too. There's a lot more to say in one of those than a Chancing thread.
Yes, plus they're great for SEO I bet

User avatar
paperchaser
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:25 pm

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by paperchaser » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:56 pm

Went straight from finals to back to back callbacks, it's lit

User avatar
paperchaser
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:25 pm

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by paperchaser » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:57 pm

Rowdy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:37 pm
I'm gonna go see spider Man tonight, can't wait
was it good?

User avatar
Rowdy
Posts: 2859
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:14 am

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by Rowdy » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:58 pm

paperchaser wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:57 pm
Rowdy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:37 pm
I'm gonna go see spider Man tonight, can't wait
was it good?
It was dope. Beautiful animation and pretty good plot

User avatar
MercW08
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:49 am

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by MercW08 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:27 pm

Haven't applied for a single job yet and Im starting to feel like a piece of shit about it.

User avatar
Rowdy
Posts: 2859
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:14 am

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by Rowdy » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:30 pm

MercW08 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:27 pm
Haven't applied for a single job yet and Im starting to feel like a piece of shit about it.
you'll be fine, don't feel like a piece of shit. apply for a job instead

User avatar
DorkothyParker
Posts: 344
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by DorkothyParker » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:43 am

I took my daughter ice skating for the first time.
It was horrible. I've never even skated on roller blades so I had no point of comparison. It was a little better once I got Terror the kid walker so she wasnt hanging on to me, but I was definitely the worst skater over the age of 8.
I'm never trying anything new again.

User avatar
Meelo
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:58 am

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by Meelo » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:54 am

MercW08 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:27 pm
Haven't applied for a single job yet and Im starting to feel like a piece of shit about it.
SAMMEEE. Cracked open my laptop since I closed it last Wednesday at the end of my civpro final

User avatar
Slippin’ Jimmy
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:12 am

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by Slippin’ Jimmy » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:18 am

Well guess I'm still alive.

Am I the only one that didn't study a minute in the library over finals? It got seriously gross in there, mostly worked in open conference rooms/classrooms with a couple days in the apartment here and there. Plus all the nervous energy was just too much.

User avatar
sev
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:43 am

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by sev » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:05 am

Slippin’ Jimmy wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:18 am
Well guess I'm still alive.

Am I the only one that didn't study a minute in the library over finals? It got seriously gross in there, mostly worked in open conference rooms/classrooms with a couple days in the apartment here and there. Plus all the nervous energy was just too much.
The library was just ridiculous. Like, the few times I went I was super productive but it felt like people had died in there.

Happy Christmas y’all!

vikingrunner
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:48 am

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by vikingrunner » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:40 pm

I spent a bunch of time in the library and was okay. I roll solo most of the time so just hid in a carrel in the corner. Most people hid in study rooms. It was almost eerie (and a wee bit depressing) how few people I saw during finals even though I knew people were around.

I've done a couple of job apps that had early deadlines but am lacking the motivation to do anything else.

LawSSS2
Posts: 274
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:47 pm

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by LawSSS2 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:11 pm

Guys I've only applied for like 15 apps so far and I got one screener call. Some people in my class have applied to like 40+. Since people are already getting callbacks, I'm a little nervous. I wonder if it's okay as long as we get the SA apps in before January? or is it too late already? I have no idea about this process or what to expect.

LawSSS2
Posts: 274
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:47 pm

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by LawSSS2 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:14 pm

Also I'm only a ~1.3L :( lol

User avatar
paperchaser
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:25 pm

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by paperchaser » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:35 pm

LawSSS2 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:11 pm
Guys I've only applied for like 15 apps so far and I got one screener call. Some people in my class have applied to like 40+. Since people are already getting callbacks, I'm a little nervous. I wonder if it's okay as long as we get the SA apps in before January? or is it too late already? I have no idea about this process or what to expect.
If you're diverse, you're fine. Keep applying. Most deadlines seem to be actual deadlines for those programs. I've had some screeners in a major market, and the CB's won't be for a couple weeks. If you're not diverse, maybe have a little more urgency, but you're also probably fine. Unless you're applying to TX or another early moving secondary market; in that case, you should have gotten them out earlier, but applying now probably may not be futile (I have no experience on TX, but my secondary hasn't made decisions and won't for a while). It seems like many NY firms move slow since they want grades. That being said, you probably shouldn't only apply for SA positions since they're hard to snag with even the best credentials. As long as you land something, which you will as long as you stick to it, you'll be fine

User avatar
Platopus
Posts: 812
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:45 am
Contact:

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by Platopus » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:55 pm

paperchaser wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:35 pm
LawSSS2 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:11 pm
Guys I've only applied for like 15 apps so far and I got one screener call. Some people in my class have applied to like 40+. Since people are already getting callbacks, I'm a little nervous. I wonder if it's okay as long as we get the SA apps in before January? or is it too late already? I have no idea about this process or what to expect.
That being said, you probably shouldn't only apply for SA positions since they're hard to snag with even the best credentials.
+1 to casting a wider net. 1L SA's are hard to come by. No harm in applying, but would definitely be firing off apps to other places as well

blackmamba8
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:51 pm

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by blackmamba8 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:44 pm

How important is the "prestige" of your 1L summer job? I have an offer for a paid position at a small firm back home, which I'd love to take for several reasons, but I didn't know if I should try for something that might look more "impressive" for OCI. I'm trying to keep my loans as low as possible so getting paid and not having two rents to pay over the summer would be great.

User avatar
abyss
Posts: 772
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:32 pm

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by abyss » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:59 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:44 pm
How important is the "prestige" of your 1L summer job? I have an offer for a paid position at a small firm back home, which I'd love to take for several reasons, but I didn't know if I should try for something that might look "better" for OCI. I'm trying to keep my loans as low as possible so getting paid and not having two rents to pay over the summer would be great.
Get paid.

User avatar
Platopus
Posts: 812
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:45 am
Contact:

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by Platopus » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:57 pm

Lol just bombed my screener call for my ideal summer position

User avatar
Mikey
LSL's Favorite Kitten
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 am

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by Mikey » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:19 pm

nooooo platopus :(

i hope shit works out for u tho :(

User avatar
Platopus
Posts: 812
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:45 am
Contact:

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by Platopus » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:21 pm

Mikey wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:19 pm
nooooo platopus :(

i hope shit works out for u tho :(
Eh, it's not even Jan 1st. There's still plenty of other fish in the sea

User avatar
Mikey
LSL's Favorite Kitten
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 am

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by Mikey » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:24 pm

Platopus wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:21 pm
Mikey wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:19 pm
nooooo platopus :(

i hope shit works out for u tho :(
Eh, it's not even Jan 1st. There's still plenty of other fish in the sea
BIG FACTS

i'm just now submitting apps. I've been doing cover letters, PS's and stuff all at the same time so now is when i'm just mass applying after doing all of that stuff

low key sad one of the firm's i REALLY like closed their app it seems... I think they may have filled the positions already which sucks bc i reallllly like them but oh well. may email recruitment to find out if the app is just not showing up or what, not sure

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests