Class of 2021: 2L 2 Furious

finals

help
10
43%
please
13
57%
 
Total votes: 23

User avatar
sev
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:43 am

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by sev » Fri May 03, 2019 3:52 pm

Done.

What a year. I've never done anything that's quite like 1L.

User avatar
Mikey
LSL's Favorite Kitten
Posts: 637
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 am

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by Mikey » Fri May 03, 2019 6:11 pm

I've only taken 1 final, got 3 more and then the journal comp

User avatar
Stranger
Posts: 2350
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:19 am

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by Stranger » Fri May 03, 2019 10:37 pm

Mikey wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:11 pm
I've only taken 1 final, got 3 more and then the journal comp
Yeah, this journal comp is rough. "Five pages" doesn't sound like a lot until you realize that the footnotes will be longer than the discussion.

User avatar
Mikey
LSL's Favorite Kitten
Posts: 637
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 am

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by Mikey » Sat May 04, 2019 9:33 am

Stranger wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:37 pm
Mikey wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:11 pm
I've only taken 1 final, got 3 more and then the journal comp
Yeah, this journal comp is rough. "Five pages" doesn't sound like a lot until you realize that the footnotes will be longer than the discussion.
i'm not excited about it at all

User avatar
Platopus
Posts: 836
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:45 am
Contact:

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by Platopus » Sat May 11, 2019 1:36 am

Pretty sure I just ended my law career today by turning in an absolute dog shit con law exam. I studied hard and thought I knew the material but the exam felt like it was written in a foreign language. Pretty sure I bombed, so now im basically praying for at least a B.

But now that I’m officially done with 1L I can confidently say that law school has been the most demoralizing, ostracizing experience of my life. I have never felt more stressed or alone in my entire life.

That said, it’ll be a nice change to be working this summer in a office with regular 9-5 hours and relatively low expectations.

User avatar
pancakes3
Posts: 2804
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:00 pm

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by pancakes3 » Sat May 11, 2019 7:27 am

Platopus wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 1:36 am
Pretty sure I just ended my law career today by turning in an absolute dog shit con law exam. I studied hard and thought I knew the material but the exam felt like it was written in a foreign language. Pretty sure I bombed, so now im basically praying for at least a B.

But now that I’m officially done with 1L I can confidently say that law school has been the most demoralizing, ostracizing experience of my life. I have never felt more stressed or alone in my entire life.

That said, it’ll be a nice change to be working this summer in a office with regular 9-5 hours and relatively low expectations.
hard part's over, and in a couple weeks you'll be able to look back and laugh. finish out exams, grab some drinks, and enjoy your summer!

User avatar
Stranger
Posts: 2350
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:19 am

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by Stranger » Sat May 11, 2019 8:47 pm

This thread keeps driving home how unusually early a schedule W&L has. I've been at my internship for a week (after a week off) and I'll be turning in my write-on materials tomorrow.

Aristogeiton1
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:57 pm

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by Aristogeiton1 » Sun May 12, 2019 1:17 am

Currently in write-on, actively dying.

User avatar
Littlewing67
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:03 pm

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by Littlewing67 » Sun May 12, 2019 11:32 am

I posted on the law review thread -- but I'll post here. Any clue how to find note proposal ideas? I have some ideas but not sure what it is supposed to be exactly.

User avatar
Experiment626
Moderator
Posts: 606
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:58 pm

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by Experiment626 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:19 am

I'm so glad we did write-on over spring break. It was sadistic then, but I just feel better about it now because I was able to take off from work then and I'm currently in a week of work hell because I couldn't just take off right after finals this semester. That would have made write-on suck.

Also, I got accepted to our Business Law Review, so the effort was worth it. You guys doing write-on can make it!

User avatar
Stranger
Posts: 2350
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:19 am

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by Stranger » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:46 pm

Anyone else cash in any Lexis points?

Image

User avatar
Rowdy
Posts: 2935
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:14 am

Re: Class of 2021: 2L 2 Furious

Post by Rowdy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:34 am

Sorry for being so absent from OP, I was busy dying of law school

User avatar
Rowdy
Posts: 2935
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:14 am

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by Rowdy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:35 am

Stranger wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:46 pm
Anyone else cash in any Lexis points?

Image
dude I love seikos
that's a legitimately good reward, I'm impressed lexis

User avatar
Stranger
Posts: 2350
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:19 am

Re: Class of 2021: we're basically 1.5Ls now

Post by Stranger » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:04 pm

Rowdy wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:35 am
Stranger wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:46 pm
Anyone else cash in any Lexis points?
dude I love seikos
that's a legitimately good reward, I'm impressed lexis
Even better, they kept the point exchange such that I wouldn't have come out ahead by getting Amazon gift cards and ordering it there.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests