1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

Post a reply


In an effort to prevent automatic submissions, we require that you complete the following challenge.
Smilies
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: B| 8| :clap:

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

Re: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

by lkoy » Tue May 07, 2019 12:41 pm

Is anyone here going to LCLD?

Re: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

by economist123 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:19 pm

LSNlife wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:30 am
economist123 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:52 pm
LSNlife wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:23 pm
economist123 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:04 pm
did anyone get a rejection letter from white and case? i know they are done with offers but they never sent me one. does that mean they dont want me to reapply to them?
My friends who weren’t selected got phone calls asking them to seriously consider w&c for 2L summer and to remain in touch though the semester even though they weren’t selected this year but I haven’t heard of rejection letters. I also know some were invited so some sort of 1L 2 day event W&C is hosting in NYC tomorrow...
thanks for the info! I guess I am out of the runing next summer too because I got none of that ^ ( I just never heard back from them). Apprently the IP 1L internship had rejection letters but not diversity
I doubt you’re out of the running. There’s still OCI!!


I was thinking (but I may be wrong) 1L position was like Early Decision etc where if you dont get in earlier on you are just not getting in (provided that you did submit an app to them and your app was not good enough for them to take notice to tell you to reapply again). I really hope I am wrong though

Re: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

by LSNlife » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:30 am

economist123 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:52 pm
LSNlife wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:23 pm
economist123 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:04 pm
did anyone get a rejection letter from white and case? i know they are done with offers but they never sent me one. does that mean they dont want me to reapply to them?
My friends who weren’t selected got phone calls asking them to seriously consider w&c for 2L summer and to remain in touch though the semester even though they weren’t selected this year but I haven’t heard of rejection letters. I also know some were invited so some sort of 1L 2 day event W&C is hosting in NYC tomorrow...
thanks for the info! I guess I am out of the runing next summer too because I got none of that ^ ( I just never heard back from them). Apprently the IP 1L internship had rejection letters but not diversity
I doubt you’re out of the running. There’s still OCI!!

Re: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

by economist123 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:52 pm

LSNlife wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:23 pm
economist123 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:04 pm
did anyone get a rejection letter from white and case? i know they are done with offers but they never sent me one. does that mean they dont want me to reapply to them?
My friends who weren’t selected got phone calls asking them to seriously consider w&c for 2L summer and to remain in touch though the semester even though they weren’t selected this year but I haven’t heard of rejection letters. I also know some were invited so some sort of 1L 2 day event W&C is hosting in NYC tomorrow...
thanks for the info! I guess I am out of the runing next summer too because I got none of that ^ ( I just never heard back from them). Apprently the IP 1L internship had rejection letters but not diversity

Re: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

by LSNlife » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:23 pm

economist123 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:04 pm
did anyone get a rejection letter from white and case? i know they are done with offers but they never sent me one. does that mean they dont want me to reapply to them?
My friends who weren’t selected got phone calls asking them to seriously consider w&c for 2L summer and to remain in touch though the semester even though they weren’t selected this year but I haven’t heard of rejection letters. I also know some were invited so some sort of 1L 2 day event W&C is hosting in NYC tomorrow...

Re: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

by economist123 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:04 pm

did anyone get a rejection letter from white and case? i know they are done with offers but they never sent me one. does that mean they dont want me to reapply to them?

Re: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

by economist123 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:03 pm

did anyone get a rejection letter from white and case? i know they are done with offers but they never sent me one. does that mean they dont want me to reapply to them?

Re: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

by Summer Hopeful » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:43 pm

Anonymity2949432 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:38 pm
Has anyone received any updates from the Kirkland Verizon/Accenture program yet?
My friend got it. I think they're done.

Re: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

by won elle » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:24 pm

Cospwltmfndo194 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:39 pm
Has anyone heard from Skadden DC?
Skadden has been done... Email already went out to the 1Ls for their orientation I heard

Re: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

by Avenger » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:03 am

Norton Rose Fulbright anyone?

Re: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

by LorneMalvo » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:36 pm

Cospwltmfndo194 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:39 pm
Has anyone heard from Skadden DC?
Not DC, but I know that other Skadden offices (including Boston) are done hiring.

Re: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

by Fospw » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:54 pm

Any updates from Skadden DC?

Re: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

by Cospwltmfndo194 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:39 pm

Has anyone heard from Skadden DC?

Re: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

by Anonymity2949432 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:38 pm

Has anyone received any updates from the Kirkland Verizon/Accenture program yet?

Re: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

by 1LSAhopeful » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:45 pm

1LStudent2021 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:53 am
Anyone selected for Kirkland & Ellis’s 1L Diversity Scholars Program or Latham’s Diversity Leadership Academy Program?

I was selected for both.

Re: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

by 1LStudent2021 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:53 am

Anyone selected for Kirkland & Ellis’s 1L Diversity Scholars Program or Latham’s Diversity Leadership Academy Program?

Re: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

by Aka » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:17 pm

Anyone hear from NRF Austin yet? Thought I'd have a decent shot fron UT.

Re: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

by Summer Hopeful » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:12 pm

rockathon wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:19 pm
LSNlife wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:16 pm
guestt wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:58 pm
If an offer says to let them know by 2/9 does that mean I can tell them my decision on that day?

Thoughts?
If it says by 2/9 I'd say the absolute latest you can respond is COB on 2/9 but if you can get them an earlier response you should and if you need a response it might be worth requesting one.
Follow up question, it's completely normal to go radio silence after receiving an offer until you can use that offer to get another offer right? Like.. do I send an email responding that I acknowledge that I have received their offer or can I wait until I make my final decision to respond?
I mean when I was sent the offer letter in an email, I replied with "Thank you" to not come off as rude. But that's it.

Re: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

by Guest » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:19 am

twentyfour wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:53 am
Guest wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:11 pm
twentyfour wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:07 pm
Anyone apply to O'Melveny in LA?
Had a screener, but withdrew.
When was that? Trying to gauge if they're still looking.
Several weeks ago.

Re: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

by twentyfour » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:53 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:11 pm
twentyfour wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:07 pm
Anyone apply to O'Melveny in LA?
Had a screener, but withdrew.
When was that? Trying to gauge if they're still looking.

Re: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

by rockathon » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:19 pm

LSNlife wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:16 pm
guestt wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:58 pm
If an offer says to let them know by 2/9 does that mean I can tell them my decision on that day?

Thoughts?
If it says by 2/9 I'd say the absolute latest you can respond is COB on 2/9 but if you can get them an earlier response you should and if you need a response it might be worth requesting one.
Follow up question, it's completely normal to go radio silence after receiving an offer until you can use that offer to get another offer right? Like.. do I send an email responding that I acknowledge that I have received their offer or can I wait until I make my final decision to respond?

Re: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

by ebgam » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:38 pm

Has anyone else here had a screener for Akin Gump Pro Bono Scholars?

Re: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

by Guest » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:11 pm

twentyfour wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:07 pm
Anyone apply to O'Melveny in LA?
Had a screener, but withdrew.

Re: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

by twentyfour » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:07 pm

Anyone apply to O'Melveny in LA?

Re: 1L/Diversity SA Thread 2019

by Tazlu » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:59 am

Any offers from Kilpatrick sf/sv?

Top