Viewing post history

This page shows all versions of the post, starting with the most current version. View the latest post

Danger Zone

Current post: Re: Which job should I take?

Edited by Danger Zone » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:23 am

Big update on this: the “well-established” option that I did not select has announced that it’s putting the business unit I would have been apart of up for sale. At this stage, I would have no equity and would be getting a prorated bonus in March that’s partially composed of equity, so I would have seen very little value from the impending acquisition. Also it would have left my role in a post-acquisition company uncertain. So today I’m feeling very thankful that I did not accept that position!

Current role at the startup is going amazing. We’ve blown past our budget for the year as of last week with a lot more in the pipeline before year-end. We’ve also made a bunch of strategic hires and doubled the size of the team already. All in all, I feel extremely fortunate considering how conflicted I felt between these two opportunities. Just goes to show how much luck plays a role in all of this.

Original post: Re: Which job should I take?

by Guest » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:22 am

Big update on this: the “well-established” option that I did not select has announced that it’s putting the business unit I would have been apart of up for sale. At this stage, I would have no equity and would be getting a prorated bonus in March that’s partially composed of equity, so I would have seen very little value for the impending acquisition. Also it would have left my role in a post-acquisition company uncertain. So today I’m feeling very thankful that I did not accept that role!

Current role at the startup is going amazing. We’ve blown past our budget for the year as of last week with a lot more in the pipeline before year-end. We’ve also met a bunch of strategic hires and doubled the size of the team already. All in all, I feel extremely fortunate considering how conflicted I felt between these two opportunities. Just goes to show how much luck plays a role in all of this.