Viewing post history

This page shows all versions of the post, starting with the most current version. View the latest post

Danger Zone

Current post: Re: Which job should I take?

Edited by Danger Zone » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:28 am

Original post: Re: Which job should I take?

by Guest » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:10 pm

North wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:33 pm
OP what's the verdict
Thanks for checking in man. I really appreciated everyone's advice ITT, it was super helpful for doing some serious introspection and consideration of my long term goals and ambitions.

At the end of the day, I have a passion for the SU gig that I couldn't muster up for WE. It's going to give me a very high level role that I might never attain at WE or anywhere. The comp is very good at either choice, enough for me to live comfortably with substantial savings, so I didn't rank comp very highly on my list (current or long term).

Someone pointed out that I seem to be putting a lot of faith in the upside potential of the SU, and that's absolutely true. This is an industry that has been in explosive growth mode the past few months, and steady growth for years before then, so I think there's plenty of room for a new entrant. I feel confident that with my contacts, I can drive production at this place from day 1. It's certainly going to be a lot of work, but I feel like seeing the results of it will be extremely rewarding in the long term. Worst case, I can always find a job at a WE-like substitute (probably not as great as the offer I had if I'm being honest, but que sera). In fact one of the factors that made me finally pull the trigger on SU was another WE-like firm coming out of the woodworks and attempting to hire me, knowing that I had already accepted an offer at WE. The demand for qualified candidates in this field is extremely high right now, so that comforted me in mitigating some of the SU risk.

Excited to report back on what's it like having European overlords ;)